activematters was designed by Dr Lala Manners to offer a range of training opportunities in the field of Early Years Physical Development including Cache supported Level 2 and Level 3 courses – currently the only available accredited courses in the UK in this field.
A wide variety of professionals are accommodated – including SLT’s, nursery practitioners, sports coaches and OT’s. activematters training fully supports the EYFSC and aims to assist students long-term - helping them to deliver safe and effective practical sessions in the workplace.
The activematters approach ensures all young children will able to;
- Move with confidence, imagination and safety
- Move with control and co-ordination
- Travel around, under, over, and through balancing and climbing apparatus
- Show awareness of space, of themselves and others
- Recognise the importance of keeping healthy and the things that contribute to this
- Recognise the changes that happen to their bodies when they become active
- Use a range of small and large equipment
- Handle tools, objects, and malleable materials safely and with increasing control
activematters expresses its mission in terms of three broad goals:
- To support Physical Development as a Prime Area of Learning in the EYFSC
- To ensure practitioners/professionals receive appropriate, high quality training that supports the design and delivery of safe and effective practical sessions.
- To build a high-performing, inclusive organisations to promote physical activity in diverse settings with a range of professional disciplines.
- All children will have access to a safe and effective experience to promote and enhance their physical development.
- All practitioners will gain an appropriate level of unpinning knowledge and training to ensure Physical Development is actively supported as a Prime area of learning.
- All practitioners will be supported long-term to secure their commitment to Physical Development and opportunities for Child Physical Development in this field can be afforded.
- Families will be supported by practitioners/professionals to ensure understanding and use of appropriate resources.
- Inclusive practice will be actively supported by practitioners/professionals.
activematters long term goals are:
- Provide a range of professional development opportunities in the Physical Development field for all those working with young children
- Convene individuals and groups with similar interests/issues through a range of media to debate/discuss issues relating to Physical Development /well-being of young people.
- Design and disseminate standards of practice for the Physical Development component of the EYFSC
- Implementing systems to recognize early childhood education programs and early childhood professional preparation programs that meet CACHE standards and guidelines.
- Building public understanding and support for activities and services that promote the healthy development and learning of all young children and their families.
- Advocating for public policies and funding to support a comprehensive system of high-quality early childhood education for all young children and families.
- Fostering the development of a network of high-performing, inclusive organizations that share the goal of promoting excellence in early childhood education for all young children.
Statement of Philosophy and Values
Accomplishing activematters mission is dependent on:
- Building the commitment, loyalty, and enthusiasm of thousands of people by providing opportunities for participation, contribution, and building consensus on critical issues.
- Valuing and respecting individuals with diverse viewpoints and perspectives who share a commitment to the education and development of young children.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive all the latest news.