Children's Food Trust | 2 December 2015
This white paper, ‘Child obesity: their lives in our hands’, also recommends:
- a ban on junk food advertising on TV before 9pm;
- more local public health investment in teaching children and families to cook;
- funding for the Government’s free childcare scheme to reflect the cost of good food for children.
Recommendations: Our recommendations below take from our recent submission to the government’s child obesity strategy development process via the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
They focus on four key areas:
- Children’s food at home
- Children’sfood in childcare
- Children’sfood at school
- Children’s food in the wider world beyond.