SIRC – The World’s Leading Sport Resource Centre
Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC) is a not-for-profit amateur sport organization with the mandate to provide information and serve the educational needs of organizations and individuals involved in, or responsible for the development of, sport and fitness in Canada and around the world.
To enhance the education of all Canadian and International organizations and individuals involved in sport and fitness through quality information and learning services.
With over 6.5 million pages of sport related research dating as far back as the 1700’s and encompassing over 62 different languages, SIRC is the world’s leading sport resource centre. SIRC’s goal is to collect, archive, and share qualified sport information with sport enthusiasts in Canada and around the world.
Since 1973, SIRC has been Canada’s Sport Information Resource Centre. Based in Ottawa, SIRC is a not-for-profit corporation that serves the sporting community through:
- Comprehensive collections of sport related material;
- Qualified indexing and research services;
- The SIRCThesaurus;
- The creation of the world’s leading sport database, SportDiscus™ ;
- Reliable document delivery services;
- Email distribution services;
- Sport Job Board;
- Monthly newsletters;
- The SIRC Research Award;
- Numerous programs that inspire, acknowledge and celebrate academic and sport excellence